The following encompasses sweet...
Uruguay's Invasor. Howaboutthat how about that. It's true I didn't know Uruguay's "Horse of the Year" was even entered into the race, but that is why I'm even happier. What if I knew Uruguay's greatest was in the race and Invasor ended up finishing fifth or something - that would have been devastating. What is particularly sweet is that besides the much needed economic surge from a Texas oil tycoon named Jad investing 50 mil into a pure Uruguayan-blooded stallion, I actually ride horses every time I visit Montevideo. I hyped the last horse I rode so much last year that I referred to him as a luxury car - true story. I expect my apology soon from anyone who said I was exaggerating.

Jennifer Connelly. This is a picture of her in class at MIT in the movie, A Beautiful Mind. If women like this existed at schools like MIT, I would have tried a lot harder in highschool. You have to admit too that the director is not trying to make her look gorgeous in this movie, and that she can't help it. Sure there are some not so great pictures of her on the red carpet but if you can actually watch one of her movies and not fall in love then we can't be friends. I'm totally seeing Blood Diamond not just for DiCaprio now.
And by the way, if you've seen A Beautiful Mind recently, this was as close as I came to finding Connelly in the black dress.
Honorable Mention - Jenna Fischer - Jim knows this.
Lexus. Wow, I'm kind of embarrassed I jumped the gun a little. I had no idea that along with parking itself the Lex has 8 speeds too. Although, this kind of technology is, "unprecedented," so how could I have known. What an amazing ad-campaign. Lexus. Unprecedented (you have to say it with the accent). Some more eye-candy.
ps - I just realized I can't imagine how fun it would be to drive an 8-speed. Eight.
Two things this week stick out to me as being lame...
Uraguay. You may have to enlarge the picture to see the proof. I was shocked and honestly somewhat offended. It's not often Uruguay makes the news, and this may be the first time Uraguay has made it. And how about the "might" in "might be the world's too." Of course he is, look at that godly creation, my goodness. Front page embarrassment too (sigh)...

Rappers targeting the listener. I'll give you some examples:
In Tha Block Is Hot, Lil Wayne raps about what he's going to do to the listener. "So watch your step... you better watch what you're playing with [or I'll shoot you in the neck]."
Or how about in Game Over, when Lil Flip claims he has my girl taking off her clothing. "I got your girl takin off her clothes," is the line. Apparently it is also my fault I let Lil Flip onto the track. And yes Lil Flip, I do hear you.
I still enjoy both those songs but I wouldn't mind not being threatened or made paranoid about the fidelity of my girlfriend.
However, I must admit that I thoroughly enjoy Juvenile defending Peyton Manning to the listener. Juvenile is, "a young black peyton manning of rap, getting his snaps. And also, [Peyton] only rides in the year that he's in, because he don't feel the year is bigger than him. So let the boy be."
I couldn't agree more Juve. Well said.
1 comment:
I've always loved Juve's line about being the young, black Peyton Manning of rap. While we're on the subject of QB comparisons, I should say that I personally like to think of myself as the young, half-asian Tom Brady of the Yale history department.
Also, in Requiem for a Dream, they do the best they can to make Jennifer Connelly look strung out and awful. Needless to say, they fail and she just looks like the hottest drug addict of all time. I'm pretty sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. Totally stunning.
Post a Comment